Weight Loss with Detox NutriGenuine Garcinia Cambogia
On his highly rated TV show, Dr. Mehmet Oz praised the Garcinia Cambogia Extract as the “Holy Grail” among naturally formulated weight loss diet supplements, allowing serious weight watchers to lose excess fat even without altering their consumptive lifestyles. The extract from the relatively unknown tropical Garcinia Cambogia fruit is the latest “discovery” in the quest for efficient weight loss solutions that is now gaining significant market following for its two-prong ability to control appetite and block the synthesis of lipids from the fatty foods we eat. And on of the premium brands out there is the NutriGenuine Garcinia Cambogia.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Also known as Garcinia gummi-gutta, Assam fruit, and brindle berry, the Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit that belongs in the Clusiceae botanical family to which the purple mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana) also belongs, along with around 400 other Garcinia species. It looks like a baby pumpkin the size of an orange and is native to tropical countries of Asia and Africa. It is widely used for its culinary and herbal medicinal values in Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Thailand, Burma, Sri-Lanka and other tropical countries. In Southern Thailand, the dried fruit rind of the Garcinia cambogia is used as an food ingredient to spice up and provide the unique sour flavoring for its sour curry dishes. It is also used to make meals more satiating or “filling.” In Sri Lanka, commercial fishers use it to cure the ” Thiyal” fish.
How does Garcinia Cambogia work as a weigh loss supplement?
The main chemical found in the Garcinia fruit that provides its weight-reducing property is its abundant store of HCA or Hydroxycitric Acid. This comprise the main active ingredient in all Garcinia Cambogia Extracts (GCE) in several over-the-counter weight loss diet supplements in the market. HCA is chemically similar to the citric acid found in citrus fruits such as lemon and orange but has an entirely different set of properties. HCA reduces weight from the following pharmacological action:
- Garcinia Cambogia suppresses appetite. Its HCA extract increases serotonin production while inhibiting its re-uptake in the brain. Serotonin controls appetite as well as moods and several studies have confirmed that increased serotonin lowers food cravings when taken 30-60 minutes prior to any meal. Moreover, because it increases serotonin, binge eating from mood swings, stress and depression is controlled.
- Garcinia Cambogia blocks fat metabolism. The HCA in the Garcinia extract inhibits the production of adenosine triphosphate-citrate lyase. This is an enzyme that converts unused or excess sugars and carbohydrates into lipids that get stored in the body’s adipose tissues. HCA prevents this conversion process so that excess fats do not get stored but are flushed out as fat metabolites in urine and fecal matter.
No Side effects.
HCA in the Garcinia Cambogia extract has been tested to be safe at up to 1,500 mg per day taken in prior to any meal (best 3 times of 500 mg). It has been scientifically tested in both lab rats and humans to reduce body weight without affecting the central nervous system that would otherwise cause increased nervousness, high blood pressure, and rapid heart rates often associated with weight loss diet supplements that contain caffeine or ephedra (Ma-Huang). In addition, no laboratory or clinical study over the last decade has suggested any toxicity in both lab animals and human subjects at the recommended dosage levels. In short, the HCA in Garcinia Cambogia is safe. Nevertheless, it is wise not to allow children, pregnant and lactating women to stay clear of the extract since no study has yet been published indicating safe dosage for this group of people.
What to look for in diet supplements with Garcinia Cambogia extract?
Not all weight loss supplements with the Garcinia Cambogia extract are alike. It is best to stick with reputable brands such as the NutriGenuine Detox Garcinia Cambogia which has 50+% HCA at 500 mg per tablet.
- Purchase only Garcinia Cambogia Extract containing no less than 50% Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) with the optimum of 500 mg HCA in each tablet. Anything less than this may require you to consume more just to get the promised weight loss benefits.
- Be sure that there are no ingredient fillers or artificial components in the GCE formulation. But note that Potassium and Calcium salts have been known to enhance the absorption of HCA into the digestive tract and having them in the formulation can make HCA more effective.
- Just like any diet supplement, there are brands that are more placebos than anything. To be sure, get only GCE supplements manufactured by reputable and noted pharmaceutical companies with facilities approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
Posted in Uncategorized
Comments are currently closed.